Skip to main content
Brighton:n.d. Wyuna-35-37 Black St Brighton
Brighton:n.d. Wyuna-35-37 Black St Brighton
17 Mar 2006
Digital asset
Title:
Brighton:n.d. Wyuna-35-37 Black St Brighton
Publisher:
Bayside Library Service
Date created:
17 Mar 2006 - 12:00 AM
Document ID:
1 - Version: 1
Content tag:
historic buildings
Notes:
B&W photograph of Wyuna a large 2 storeyed victorian villa with 4 storeyed tower. In 1872 solicitor Edward Gibbs owned the land site with 3 roomed residence. In 1874/75 it was demolished or transformed into the villa Wyuna. Owned in 1885 by George Brind,warehouseman who sold it in 1885 to George W Hay squatter. He was there in 1899 and may have used it for a summer residence coming down from northern Victoria. This photo gives a good sense of the mansion garden with the tall pine and large palm tree to the left centre.
Record number:
301806
0